Saint Xavier UniversityOnline Chicago, IL Private Regional Accreditation
Saint Xavier University
As Chicago's first Catholic University, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1846, Saint Xavier University (SXU) strives to provide students with an inclusive and rigorous academic experience--one rooted in ethics and designed to cultivate continued personal and professional excellence. Saint Xavier University believes that engaged learning leads to exceptional outcomes. The programs place a strong emphasis on critical thinking and the importance of effective communication. This enhances student development and in turns cultivates graduates that emerge as confident, contributing citizen leaders of an ever-increasingly complex and global community. Students in the online programs play an active role in the SXU community and learn from the same distinguished professors that lead courses for on-campus programs.
The online MSN offers three tracks for taking charge of the design and delivery of superior patient care:
- Clinical Leadership: Learn to become a clinical leader at the point of care with a focus on care coordination, risk assessment, quality improvement, outcome evaluation, communication and leadership, and the implementation of evidence-based practice. Coursework prepares students for the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) exam. (SXU also offers this track as a stand-alone certificate for nurses who already have an MSN.)
- Executive Leadership (Nursing Administration): Develop the strategic perspective and critical thinking skills to lead the continuous improvement of processes and patient care in a nursing unit or department. Coursework prepares students for the Nurse Executive, Board Certification (NE-BC) and Nurse Executive, Advanced Certification exams (NEA-BC).
- Nurse Educator: Develop teaching techniques and learn how to adapt them to different settings--such as public health classes, hospitals, and schools of nursing. Coursework prepares students for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam.
Rankings and Recognitions
- "U.S. News & World Report's" America's Best Colleges 2017: Saint Xavier University named one of the top 60 comprehensive master's universities in the Midwest.
- "U.S. News & World Report's" America's Best Colleges 2017: Saint Xavier University named the No. 1 University for Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs.
- "U.S. News & World Report's" America's Best Colleges 2017: Saint Xavier University named the No. 1 University for Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for Veterans.
- "College Choice" ranked Saint Xavier University No. 5 for Best Online Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) Programs in 2017.
- "SR Education Group" ranked Saint Xavier University No. 10 for Most Affordable Online Master's in Nursing in 2017.
Saint Xavier University Offers the Following Degree Programs Online
|This school does not offer any online Associate's Degrees|
|This school does not offer any online Bachelor's Degrees|
|MSN in Master of Science in Nursing|
|This school does not offer any online Doctoral Degrees|
Saint Xavier University Offers the Following Certificate Programs Online
|This school does not offer any online Undergraduate Certificates|
|Graduate Certificate of Completion in Nurse Educator Certificate|